EFFICIENCY16 kWh / 100 km
CHARGE%10-80: 35 minutes
- MG4 EV, also known as MG4 Electric/or Mulan is a fully electric hot-hatch unveiled in June 2022, coming to both China and European markets.
- MG's electric hatchback will feature a 150-kW (204 PS) electric motor and a 64-kWh battery pack.
- Thanks to its lightweight body, Mulan's accelaration performance is insane, 0-100 km/h in only 3.8 seconds! Standard version does only 7.7 seconds, though.
- MG4 EV / Mulan will cost less than $30,000 in China. UK pricing starts at £25,995. European pricing will be revealed later.
- SAIC will build electric hot-hatch MG Mulan at its Ningde facility in China.
Power and Speed
|204 HP (150 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
|452 km (280 miles)|
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
About MG4 EV
MG 4 Electric, also known as Mulan in China, is a pure electric hatchback first unveiled in June 2022. It is being built on a next-gen vehicle platform, allowing MG to use bigger batteries while keeping the weight low. Thanks its lightweight body, MG Mulan can be able to run from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.8 sec.
According to SAIC-owned MG, its latest EV will feature industry’s thinnest battery pack, with a height of only 110 millimeters (4.3-inches). This special battery uses vertically placed lithium-ion cells, to increase battery-level energy density further.
MG4 EV Launch Date
SAIC will start building MG4 EV / Mulan in the second half of 2022. Electric hatchback will first be delivered to Chinese customers. MG 4 Electric’s European launch is due in Q4 2022. There will be two options with two different battery packs, 51-kWh and 64-kWh respectively.