BYD Yangwang U8
BYD Yangwang U8
EFFICIENCY- kWh / 100 km
- BYD Yangwang U8 is a high-end electric SUV unveiled by the China's top EV manufacturer.
- BYD will deliver its first luxury SUV under a new sub-brand called Yangwang, which translates to "Look Up".
- Yangwang U8 features a quad-motor electric powertrain. There will also be a plug-in version of the vehicle.
- BYD Yangwang U8 price range will be aroun 110-200,000 euros. The first deliveries will be held in September 2023.
- BYD's luxury sub-brand Yangwang will be built in China starting in the first half of 2023.
Power and Speed
|1100 HP (808 kW)|
Number of Engines
|Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor|
Battery and Charge
DC Charge Rate
AC Charge Rate
DC Charge Time
AC Charge Time
Year of Production
|Wheelbase: 3050 mm|
About BYD Yangwang U8
BYD Yangwang U8, previosly known as Yangwang R1, is a luxurious performance-oriented electric SUV. It is a direct competitor to Land Rover brand and Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming all-electric G-Wagon called EQG. The technical details of this new model is scarce right now but BYD will release more info regarding their new sub-brand Yangwang in the next couple of months.
U8 comes with four electric motors, one for each wheel. The advanced powertrain will improve Yangwang U8’s off-road performance. BYD claims that U8 is capable of speeding at 120 km/h even if its tires are blown out.
BYD U8 and all-electric super car BYD U9 are based on the new e4 platform. This next-gen architecture offers more flexibility in numerous areas, such as the number of motors, high-voltage electrical system, etc. For instance, Chinese EV maker will use its first 800V SiC inverter, which scores a 99.5 percent efficiency, inside the Yangwang EVs.